Becoming Road

Becoming Road

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

~~Murphy's LAW~~

So the definition of Murphy's Law basically states that....Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong! I would like to give you my version of this interesting force of nature!
MurPhY's LAw FoR MoMmiEs!
(according to this mother of toddler twins)

1~~As soon as you mop the floor,.....your sweet toddlers find a way to destroy its beauty in less than five seconds! (smushed banana in the grout is my favorite!)
2~~Mommy finally finds a quiet moment to SIT down and inevitably one of her children NEEDS something at that exact moment!!! (just so you know...no milkies=CRISIS!)
3~~After sharing your bed with your husband and toddler for TWO WEEKS (no sleep for the momma!), you resort to "tough love" and the screaming that goes along with it and finally she is able to sleep in her bed peacefully! But wouldn't you know,....her brother has decided that his bed is apparently NOT good enough and you have a 3rd person in your bed once again!
4~~You go to the grocery store with a long list, fill your basket, and go through the checkout and come to realize (with two toddlers in tow, who just decided that they HATE sitting in grocery carts) that you don't have your credit card in your wallet! Of course not! It is on the floor, in the family room, where your sweet little girl left it after rummaging through your wallet!
5~~You get some extra money, (ooohhh,...all the fun things you could do with it) and your car DIES!
6~~You decide to actually get dressed up and not be a "dead mommy" just in time for your sweet little one to wipe his messy hands all over the front of you! (or even better, your shoulder becomes their official tissue!)
7~~You spend a good amount of time cutting coupons, researching the store ads, and planning your shopping strategy (taking your children in and out of multiple stores) and come home with nothing but a chocolate bar (sanity) because all those crazy ladies bought everything off the shelves at 6 am that morning!
AnD my FaVoRitE:
8~~Just when your little ones are finally down for their long nap (after enduring the long morning filled with tantrums, toy wars, food fights, etc.,..etc.) you find yourself terribly missing them and waiting anxiously for them to wake up. Where is the sanity in that?! :)

I love being a mommy!

5 comments:

  1. Everyone of those has happened to me as well. Grace used to come to our bed all the time and there were many of nights we had three in the bed. The cure for that was having Lizzie to sleep with her. Are Ethan and Nyah in a toddler bed yet? If not you might want to consider a full size bed that they could sleep together in (they sell railings for the sides), that is when you get to that point of toddler beds. I wish I could say it gets easier to be a parent, but I'm finding thats just not true. However, it never changes my opinion of having the best job in the whole world! Your doing an awesome job Brigette! If you ever need me to reassure you call me!! We haven't talked in ages! I tried calling you awhile ago,but the number I had was disconnected. Love ya lots!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay girl, I'm with you until #8! Put those babies down and do something wonderful for yourself while they sleep. I don't allow myself to do any housework while Jared sleeps, and find myself so much more patient and happy throughout the afternoon and evening. Soak up the peace and quiet :-)

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Amen to everything you just said!! Being a mom is seriously worth every little moment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post Brigette! It is so true x2. I stopped wearing light colored pants because when you carry a child thier dirty feet leave marks on your thighs. I gave up couponing in UTah long ago. They are crazy their. Alaska is a little more sane,or maybe my kids are bigger and it isn't as much work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness, that is EXACTLY what i needed to hear! I thought I was the only "CRAZY" one and I only have one child, I cannot imagine having two. You are my hero!! :)

    ReplyDelete