Becoming Road

Becoming Road

Saturday, September 1, 2012

...two {WOMEN}

Once there were two women who never knew each other
One you may not remember, the other you call Mother

Two different lives shaped to make you one
One became your guiding star, the other became your sun

The first gave you life, and the second guided you on your way
The first gave you love, the second reminded you every day

One gave you a nationality, the other gave you a name
One gave you a talent, the other gave you aim

One gave you emotions, the other calmed your fears
One saw your first sweet smile, the other dried your tears

One made an adoption plan, that was all that she could do
The other prayed for a child, and God led her straight to you

Now, which of these two women, are you the product of?
Both, my darling, both! Just two different types of love.

--Unknown.
 
 
**  I've been thinking a lot lately about how very blessed I am to be Ethan & Nyah's mom!  I wish I could fully express how grateful I am to their birth family for so lovingly placing them into our home.  It has been the most sacred and amazing gift! 

1 comment:

  1. I love that, Brigette! It's such a great reminder...and those kids are beyond blessed to be in your family. I look up to you more than you can know!

    ReplyDelete