Becoming Road

Becoming Road

Monday, July 7, 2008

An Amazing Lady..


At the sweet age of 94, my Grandma passed away this week! She is an amazing lady and while this life will be very different without her, she has been reunited with her sweetheart and for that we are celebrating!
Grandma meant the world to us grandkids. Every other summer, our family would take a camper ride accross country from New York to Beaver, Utah. We absolutely loved going to see them and adored everything about them. Grandma spent hours making us homemade bread and raspberry jam! One of my favorite things to do with grandma was play dress up with all her jewelry. She wore clip-on earrings which I loved to play with. Even when I was young, she would let me do her hair! She was always so playful too! She would play bingo and skip-bo with us kids all day long if we asked her! And....boy did she have a witty sense of humor. She could out-wit anyone with her quick comebacks!
This last Fall, we took the twins and Leah to go meet her. She was so delighted to hold them and love on them. In true fashion, she graced us with her humor when she said,..."If they were my kids,....I would spoil them so rotten they would stink!" She is so funny!
Grandma has been waiting a long time to be reunited with Grandpa again and I know that she is so happy right now! I'm grateful for her, for what she and grandpa taught us, and for her amazing ability to show love to her family. Our family will always be close and I attribute much of that to my sweet Grandma!


1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful tribute to a wonderful woman!!! I remember when we took her boating and how much she made us laugh! She kept saying that if she got on skis she'd show us all up! How amazing she is/was! I'm so glad I got the priviledge to meet her. I'm so sorry for your loss. I'll be keeping you in our prayers and we'll be sending you lots of air hugs and kisses your way!!

    ReplyDelete