Becoming Road

Becoming Road

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Echo Resevoir

Yesterday, we went to Echo Resevoir for some family, fun, and boating! It was a great day. Most of my sisters and my Dad went up early in the morning and set up camp. When Jodie and I got there, it was a little overcast and windy but still warm enough to enjoy! The twins loved being outside and they were content to sit and play with their favorite aunts and cousins. The boys spent some time tubing, ski-bobbing, and knee boarding while the majority of us stayed on shore and played. When the sun came back Jodie, Dad, and I took the boys on the boat for the 2 minute challenge. (Jodie likes to buck the kids off the tube within 2 minutes) It's pretty awesome! Then, I water skiied! I haven't done that in like two years! I got up the first time (so glad) and loved it! Then we returned back to shore and Machelle, Nicole, and Leah all went water-skiing while the rest of us stayed on shore. It was so great. Eventually, Kristy and I took the babies in the water. Nyah ofcourse loved every minute of it and Ethan clung to me the entire time. He was so cute,....he actually fell asleep in my arms while I walked through the water with him. Marty joined us for a couple of hours and we took the babies on the boat for the first time! They did really well. Grandpa went nice and slow at first and in the end showed them "how to drive." Too cute. Afterwards, we took the twins back in the water for a swim. Daddy and Nyah went "all-in," while Ethan and I just waded in the shallow end. We left Echo around dinner time and stopped in Morgan to eat at Taggarts Grill. OH...I highly recommend this place! We had never been and it was definately a little treasure hidden up in the mountains. We had a wonderful day! Thanks Dad for letting us all use your boat!

Ethan, Leah, and Nyah enjoying the beach!

Ethan loves to be outside!

Jodie and Taylor enjoying the sun!

Nicole and Leah walking to the water...

Nyah just loves the wind and sand!

Nyah enjoying every minute in the water!

Machelle and Leah teasing Uncle Matt!

Tanner, Austin, Aaron, and Leah burying Adam in the sand.



Grandpa...can I drive?

Grandpa shows Nyah how to drive the boat...

Our first boat ride as a family!
The babies loved the boat,...hated the life jackets.

No comments:

Post a Comment