Becoming Road

Becoming Road

Thursday, August 28, 2008

It was the best of times....it was the worst of times!

My close friend Lora invited my family (all 24 of us) to go to West Yellowstone this past week. Her in-laws own two cabins there and offered to let us stay there while they were on their mission in Germany! Lucky for us! My five sisters, some of their husbands, my dad, and all the kids were there! Lora and her two girls were there to show us around and be the ultimate hostess!

The BEST part of our trip was the time spent with family, the scenery, the boating, the hiking, the wildlife, the serenity, the window shopping in West Yellowstone, and the trip to the national park. The cabins were awesome and the views were breathtaking! Who wouldn't want to wake up to a beautiful sun rising over Lake Hebgen? I witnessed the beautiful sunrise twice in the wee hours of the morning. Why would I wake up so early on vacation one might ask?! Well.....we were plagued with a horrible stomach bug!

This brings me to the WORST part of our trip. My little Nyah had a stomach bug two nights before we left for Yellowstone. She must have passed it on to Ethan who suffered all through the first night we were there. And because my children have learned to share.......everyone, with the exception of a few, suffered! 20 out of the 24 got sick! In fact,.....the twins had it twice! The Schroaders sure know how to spread the love...yikes! Luckily,..we all tried to make the best of it and in the end we still loved eachother.
My new motto: the family that pukes together.....stays together.
Thanks to Lora for her hospitality and kindness to my whole family.
Thanks to the Lyon family for the invitation and trust!
Here are some of the highlights:


One of the great cabins we stayed in!

All the cousins on the boat! Even baby Taylor joined the fun!

Dad enjoying the wildlife at West Yellowstone Nat'l Park

The older boys playing games in the cabin...

Meet the newest parents....Jodie, Adam, and baby Taylor.
Kristy and Tanner enjoying the sites!



Nyah looking "cool" in her shades.



Ethan feeling all better and lovin' the outdoors!

Machelle and her boys at Kepler Falls!


Nicole and Leah getting ready for some boatin' fun...
Lora and her beautiful girls!

Marty and I at the Lower Falls...



Daddy and Nyah went to go see the "Paint Pots"
Ethan and Daddy enjoying the beautiful waterfall...

Paige and Nathan lovin' the wildlife...

Paige's boys always find time to hike and explore...

4 comments:

  1. We had so much fun, that we hardly noticed the sick part of it!! We miss you guys!! I'll talk to Matt about a cruise, I'm sure he'd be in for something like that. Love the pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you guys had a blast! What a fun family vacation!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow...looks like you guys had fun. that stinks about the sick part. I hate it when my kids get sick...worse thing ever!

    I hope the the whole twilight drama didn't spook you from commenting on our blog...I want you to comment on whatever you like...It was kinda fun having drama on our blog...!Ha ha!

    Hope life is going well for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun!! I'll have to visit with Nicole from a distance and stop spreading the love! :) Sorry you were sick , atleast you were somewhere beautiful and not stuck at home, maybe it helped? Fun pictures-hey, Becky is suppose to have her baby any day now, i'll let you know when-Love ya-Stace

    ReplyDelete