Becoming Road

Becoming Road

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

These are the best times....



Every morning I wake up with a song in my head. Seriously,...I get up,..go right to the bathroom, and I start humming the song that was there upon waking. This morning...I had the song "My Favorite Things" from the Sound of Music in my head. I've been singing it all day and the twins probably think I am crazy. I've been desperately wanting to catch up with some blogging and I realized that I might be able to get his tune out of my head if I use it "to death." So.....Here is my silly attempt to recap all the summer fun we have had. (to the tune of: My Favorite Things)

3 year-old parties, with Mickey and Minnie
Father-Son Camp Outs with Ethan and Daddy
Having to plan girl’s camp meals for thirty
These are the craziest times don’t you see.
Out of town guests for three weeks was quite crazy
Having late nights,…then morning we’re lazy
Starting his Masters, can’t wait ‘til that’s done
Summer’s been great,..summer’s been fun!

When there’s tantrums
When laundry's never done
When our garden's sad
We simply remember these are the best times
And then we don’t feel…so bad


Lesson plan writing cuz’ preschool comes quickly
Treehouse museum and fun getting dirty
Going to Logan for a weekend of FUN
We’ve camped and we’ve boated until we were done
Our 10th Anniversary we spent in a grand way
Our New York family flew out for a fun stay
We’ve gone to some temples both near and far
And now we are ready for autumn to start

When Daddy’s gone (for 10 whole days!)
When we've burned the lawn
When potty training goes bad
We simply remember these are the best times
And then we don’t feel so bad!

3 comments:

  1. Brigette you are so cute! I LOVE it!! I'm so glad you had such a great summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So now we need to add poetry writing to your list of many, many talents?! :) What a great summer...glad I got to spend a lot of it with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Brigette, I KNEW we were kindred spirits! That is my most favorite movie of all time... I secretly wake up each morning believing that I am Fraulein Maria and that I'm going to go twirling outside in the Alps while teaching my perfectly behaved children how to harmonize beautifully while saying goodnight to their father and charming all of his friends... all while wearing liederhosen made out of curtains. Ah Julie Andrews. :) You TOTALLY made my day with this post, Brigette! Seriously, you are now officially one of the most talented people I know...and one of my favorite people. :)

    ReplyDelete