Becoming Road

Becoming Road

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A Decade Old...

My sweetheart and I celebrated our 10th Anniversary this last weekend! As a tradition, we take turns every year and plan some type of surprise for eachother. This year was Marty's turn. My day started with breakfast in bed! French toast,...my favorite! The rest of our actual anniversary day was super busy with normal life so Marty planned the surprise for me on that Friday! He planned for my sister Machelle to watch the twins and told me to pack a bag! (I LOVE when he says that!)

He wisked me away to the Grand America Hotel. (I know,...expensive usually but he found a smashin' deal. Signs of the economic times I guess.) It is a STUNNING hotel! Our room was gorgoous and Marty had chocolates and a beautiful red rose already in the room when we arrived. I have a dream of one day having a grand piano in my home. So.,...Marty had a "baby grand piano" carved out of chocolate and placed in the room as well. So fun! Our room was also on the 22nd floor which made the view breathtaking!

We listened to Jazz in the Lobby, went for a late night stroll, slept-in, and had the most delicious food. The service was really great too and we were able to take home some complementary slippers which are nice and cozy and a beautiful bottle of French lemonade. I have to say we felt really pampered! I will remember this anniversary for sure!
Happy Annivesary to my sweetheart! I can't believe we are a DECADE old!
You are my everything!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! And best wishes on many more to come. Love the piano chocolate. What a sweetie of a husband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun anniversary. You guys are the cutest couple ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary!! That is where we stayed our first night on our honeymoon!! Loved it, especially the chocolate covered strawberries!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was so happy to hear that you guys had such a great time! If anyone deserves a night to be pampered...it's you!

    ReplyDelete