Becoming Road

Becoming Road

Monday, May 23, 2011

A BIG day for my man...

Happy Graduation to Marty!


Marty getting his MASTERS DEGREE from the University of Phoenix! He was awarded a Masters in Education with an emphasis in Curriculum Technology and Instruction.

After the ceremony, Marty came out to greet the family! He immediately took off his purple sash and wrapped it around our little family. Tradition says that upon graduation the graduate gives his sash to a person who has significantly impacted their efforts in education. He wanted to let us know that he did this for us and he said we were his constant support and inspiration. Awwww!


Nyah had to try on his cap!



Ethan did his famous "snap dance" in celebration of his Daddy!

Some of Marty's siblings came to cheer him on.

Left to Right: Mitch, Mark, Marty & Debi



Marty was the FIRST to obtain a Masters Degree in both of our families. Here he is with his Mom and my Dad.


The twins played hide n' seek with Daddy after the ceremony.


We made a little gift for Marty to celebrate this awesome day! Some of his favorites!

10 comments:

  1. Congrats Marty!! That is so awesome!

    My sister gave me that book when I graduated from highschool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Marty!! I'm sure that day means so much to the both of you. We certainly look up to the both of you and feel so lucky to know you. CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Marty!!! E-mail me sometime and we can catch up.

    Jeffkingut@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations ALL OF YOU!!! that is great. Your kids are so big. I loved thier little song and my daughter shred tissue, toilet paper and napkins all over the house too. Good luck with that. And so now where is the masters going to take you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Marty! That is always something worth celebrating! All the work was really worth it, huh!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats you guys! That is so awesome! You guys look great and your kiddos are getting so big. Thanks for the updates.

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWESOME!! You give me hope Marty, that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Way to go, you are an inspiration for me to keep on going with school. The end is in sight. I needed this to help me through these summer classes!! Thanks Marty!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO exciting! What an accomplishment! I know it was a few weeks ago, but we totally need to have a celebration party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to your whole family! That is truly an amazing accomplishment! Oh, and I think I might need to see this famous snap dance in person! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow that is awesome! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete