Becoming Road

Becoming Road

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

...on this {PLATE}

my husband
my children
first real day of kindergarten
worry
the yard
broken sprinklers
sisters
pondering
visiting teaching
wholesome breakfast
backpacks ready
broken phone
shower
cookies
lost bottle of conditioner
patience
school outfits
babysitting neighbor
wholesome lunch
laundry
service
lost shoes
van repairs
expectations
weeds
searching
adoption
saying goodbye
prayers
groceries
dishes
calendaring
call to the doctor's office
flight plans
good friends
haircuts
miracles
letting go
kisses
pure frustration
broken shoe
recycling
simple joy
money
asthma
gratitude
unfinished projects
embarrassment
dinner plan
music
what if....
balancing
hoping
scripture study
appearances
homework
referee
hugs
missing mom
bedtime
coupons
waiting
teaching
regret
trust
celebrations
clutter
blessings
a baby
forgiveness
 
These are just SOME of the thoughts, worries, and blessings on my plate today.  It makes me wonder how women ever get anything done or relationships are ever nurtured when their mind is racing with all of these THINGS.  Oh how I wish I could sit with my Mom and ask her how she so graciously handled it with us six girls.  I imagine she would be the first to tell me to be GENTLE with myself and keep pushing forward and be grateful.   She would say something like....I just did it and I loved being a mother.   My dad often tells me that mom considered having children to be the most precious thing, aside from being a grandmother.  She shined in her role as a mother and wife.  I cherish it....but oh how it overwhelms me mainly because I don't want to fail or fall short.  I don't want to let my precious family down. 

I write this for my children,...so they will have a peek into our everyday reality and know that more than anything I cherish them and this crazy mama may have a lot going on in her mind but the only thing that matters is our little family!

1 comment:

  1. Brigette, oh how I wish I could give you a big hug right now! You are one of the most amazing and compassionate person I've ever known. Your heart is wonderful and so loving. Your Mama is for sure watching over you and is helping you each day be the wonderful Mom that you are. I can feel it!!

    ReplyDelete