Becoming Road

Becoming Road

Thursday, August 1, 2013

the power of {FAMILY}

 
Jodie, our baby sister, is in the process of selling her home.  The home is older and needed some repair and updating.  So...... the recruits were brought in!  My dad, brothers-in-law, and some friends spent an entire Saturday doing demolition, repairs, painting, and tile installation.  It was amazing! I've never had so much fun doing home improvements!  I think having many hands was part of it but I realized that spending time with my sisters, no matter what we are doing, is a treasure to me. 
 
Fast forward:  the house is ready to sell and looks amazing!  New carpet, two bathrooms completely refinished, new paint on most of the walls, new door knobs, painted doors, updated light fixtures, newly finished deck, and other little odds and ends!  All because of the power of family!
 
Fast forward again.....
Jodie's house SOLD in five weeks!  It was such a blessing.  While waiting to move out we started the search for her new home and we found this beauty.  This charming home was built in 1908 and sits in the heart of a lovely town close by.  It reminded all of us girls of our grandparents home in Beaver, Utah.  Now,...we get to have fun furnishing it and making it her own!

1 comment:

  1. This is one of the MANY things I love about you guys...you are so close with your family and you guys are always there for each other! I love that when someone needs help, you all pitch in and work together! AND what makes you even more amazing is that it doesn't even have to be family for you to do that, you'd help anyone in need! That's just the type of people you are! I so admire and love that about you!

    ReplyDelete