Becoming Road

Becoming Road

Monday, November 16, 2009

~~The UNTHINKABLE~~


I've officially STOPPED scrapbooking! (Gasp,...I know!) Due to lack of time, materials, and funds to pay for such an expensive hobby, I have since focused more on journaling moments and making simple photo albums! I KNOW,...I've committed the most grevious sin here,.but I have to tell you that I would much rather document all the wonderful things (and not so wonderful) that we do as a family than still be stuck trying to finish my scrapbooks from early married life. I still haven't finished the twins first year (I've done like 3 pages) and they're 2 1/2! I actually feel quite empowered right now! My goal is to document life as we know it while saving money and keeping my sanity. And just so you know,....I admire all you diehards out there that have perfect scrapbooking habits! I will continue to marvel at your genius and beautiful books! (Machelle,...I'm talking to you!) As for me,....I just need to SIMPLIFY!

In an effort to journal for myself and my littles,....I have decided to play catch up and do a mass blog entry! So these next blog entries are more for me,...but enjoy nonetheless!


7 comments:

  1. I have garrett a huge scrapbook up to the age of 3, Kenzie has about 3 pages.. and Hadlie.. well none. It gets WAY to expensive and who really has the time? I haven't printed pictures off since March of last year. I've turned to my blog as a mock scrapbook and I am hoping to print it off this year, then continue to print it off every year. Thay way I have the pictures and the stories to go along with them. I still need to print all my other pictures off but I just want to put them in photo sleeves and into books, then maybe one day I'll be able to scrapbook again. Good Luck! I love to read about your cute family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cutie!
    I totally get you! I don't scrap book either. I've found that the blog is so much easier to write all the cute little things that happen with our family and especially when you can have it printed and bound it is worth it and so much easier! It is now my journal of sorts.... I'm a bad scrap booker and journaler with out it. :(

    Your kids are so cute! I love the Temple Tuesdays idea! We need to get together - it would be SO fun.

    All my love,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. I officially stopped scrapping last year at this time, I found digital scrapbooking!!!! I paid very little for papers and embellishments,I now have everything I had, but on my computer, etc...I love scrappin on the computer, it is so slick, call me(or come over next time you visit Nicole), you'll love it! I It is so cheap and fun too! and some sights are free to download their products too, AND the best part is that you can save as you go, and turn your computer off when you're done and their is no messy cleanup :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm on my way to didgital as well! Scrapping just gets so messy and expensive and there is just no time to do it. I would like to know where I can print off my blog, so if you know a place let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's probably hard to let that go, but good for you girl! I think less is always more when it comes to photos anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I here ya sister. I am still working or maybe not working on Dallin's and he just turned 11. I think I did like 3 pages and then realised that it wasn't for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you! Someday I might have to come to terms with the lack of scrapbooking I do, but I continue to put it on my list of things to do and it continues to sit there. It is good to hear that you have found a solution, I am just not that good at journal keeping either. Thanks for being an example to us all. I think you have started a movement. Hope all is going well! WE miss you guys and hope to talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete