Becoming Road

Becoming Road

Thursday, June 14, 2012

five {YEARS} ago...


Dear Ethan~

Happy Birthday my sweet little bug!  Oh how I adore you!  I am so grateful for you and can't believe that FIVE years ago I was blessed to become your mommy!  You are one of my greatest gifts and I can't imagine life without my sweet lil' pumpkin.  You are heaven to me!

Ethan, you are an amazing little boy!  You have the most sincere and tender heart!  (much like your daddy)  I've noticed lately how much you truly empathize with those around you and when they hurt,....you hurt too. You love babies and you hope to someday become a big brother.  You are kind and so polite!  Others gravitate towards you because you have  a very special spirit and heart!

You LOVE your family so much.  You treat Nyah so sweetly and are always holding her hand, dancing with her, snuggling with her, and playing right beside her.  You love daddy and can't wait for him to get home.  When the weekend comes, you get excited that daddy doesn't have to work.  You guys are buddies!  I love to snug with you and I can't get enough of your hugs!  You give the best hugs and pucker kisses ever!

You have have loved school this year.  It has been a JOY to see you work hard and have fun doing it.  You came out of your shell and amazed daddy and I.  You can write your "e" and "t" and you know all your letters and sounds right now.  I love to hear you sing the songs you learned and do so with such excitement.  You have always loved music!

You get most excited about....daddy, cousins, play dates, grilled cheese, anything electronic, going on vacations, eating pears, wrestling with cousins and uncles, having sleepovers at "Panka's (grandpa's) house, when nyah wakes up, primary songs, going to the temple, and superheroes.  You are very good at electronic stuff, almost as if your spirit came prepared to navigate the world we live in.  You love to help mommy in the kitchen and one of your favorite things to make is cookies.  You are definitely getting more outgoing and have an amazing group of friends that you adore.

You don't like loud noises, people being mean, turning off your electronics, or saying goodbye to friends or family when playtime is done.   You aren't a big fan of carrots or rice.  Other than that,...you are a pretty laid back little guy and you can adapt to a lot of situations especially when daddy is with you cuz' he talks you through it.

I love you Ethan!  You are a treasure to me and you bring me so much JOY and happiness!  I feel like the luckiest mom in the world having you!  You are such an amazing little man!  Happy 5th birthday,...my sweet lil' bug!

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment