Becoming Road

Becoming Road

Monday, May 28, 2012

{TIME-OUT} for Timmy...

The twins love having friends over.  Recently we had a friend over and also watched her baby brother.  Ethan LOVES babies and especially loves it when this little guy comes over.  Here's what unfolded in a tire.....

Ethan:  "Timmy, you are in time out and you need to think about what you did."
Timmy:  silence.
Ethan:  "Do you know why you are in time out?
Timmy:  silence but with a big smile
Ethan:  "Timmy, you are a good boy.   I love you.  You made a poor choice."
Timmy:  silence.
Ethan:  "Go say sorry please."
Timmy:  "mmm."   (walks away)
Ethan:  "That is a good choice, Timmy." 

I asked Ethan why he put Timmy in time-out and he said...."Mom, I am his daddy and I'm trying to teach my son."   

It was so cute and so funny at the same time.  Just when you think your children don't always listen and understand....they do sweet things like this. 






3 comments:

  1. I love that Brigette...and it shows what great parents you are too! My favorite phrase...You are a good boy...I love you...you made a poor choice. What a good reminder you give your kids that THEY are GOOD, but the behavior needs to change. See, this is just one reason why I love you so much! You are such a good example to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is hilarious! I love listening to what your cute kiddos say because they have learned SUPER well from their parents! I remember when Nyah and Ethan were playing a game at our house quite a while ago and Nyah said to Ethan, "Bug, it's my turn. Please be patient." I laughed so hard! What great kids you have!

    ReplyDelete