Becoming Road

Becoming Road

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Once there was a snowman....

We're back! Our blog has been so neglected lately! Life has been busy and our old camera was giving me fits so I found very little motivation to post. Now,..I feel more like it! I have a new camera (YIPPY!) and I feel inspired!

Yesterday, the snow just kept coming! This is April! One wouldn't expect anything less from Utah though. So we took advantage and built our very first snowman! I know,....we might be the worst parents ever waiting this long but the kids loved it!


Nyah's favorite part of it was putting the carrot and hat on. When she woke up this morning she wanted to see if it was still there! Ethan LOVED raking the snowman! (Daddy's idea) It was an attempt to get the leaves off. He was diligent. After we had the snowman totally decked out, Ethan ran inside and got his Dr.'s medicine syringe and gave the snowman a shot. It was hilarious. I guess he wanted to make sure this snowman stayed healthy. This morning Ethan went back outside and continued to rake snow. Hilarious!


When Ethan and Nyah sing "Once There Was a Snowman" it is so darn cute. Daddy taught them his version which emphasizes the "melting" in a slow drawn out kind of way. It actually sounds like a toy whose batteries are dying! m--e--l--ting! In fact, Daddy loves to change songs, now that I think of it! His version of "Book of Mormon Stories" is quite catchy and the kids love it! Our kids might get funny looks in primary though because they add Daddy's special parts.


Tonight I am going to see Oklahoma with my sweetheart after a nice dinner. My sister is having the kids sleep over! Lucky me huh! I think I like this day......

2 comments:

  1. Hooray! You're back on here!! I have missed you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back!! :) Your kiddos are getting so big! You need to come over and play again!

    Have a WONDERFUL night!!

    ReplyDelete